Spay incontinence?

My dog was spayed two years ago. Recently I've noticed that she leaks urine when laying down. She doesn't "go" in the house in a traditional way, just sometimes leaves a very small puddle behind when she gets up. She doesn't ask to go out more frequently than normal, doesn't strain when she urinates, is eating and drinking just fine, and doesn't seem to be in any pain. Is it the estrogen thing or something else I don't know about?

Yes, I've called the vet and am waiting for an appointment time.

Asked by Libby on May 2nd 2013 Tagged incontinence, urinarytractinfection, piddlepuddle in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Kali has the same issue. I tried the Proin, but it didn't work for her. I have her on estrogen now. It works great, except every now and then, she will have an accident. I still keep a diaper on her at night, but I've noticed a significant difference for the better being on the estrogen. It's not cheap, but it works. When you get the vet appt., I would take a urine sample with you, just in case it's something else. Good Luck!