Something about a constant tail licking and constipation.

well hello. My dog keeps on licking his tail. He had some constipation a while ago and I wanted to know if it has anything to do with the licking. And can you tell me some foods or stuff I can give him to ease the constipation because when it comes out he makes a loud squeel so I just wanted some suggestions for the food or stuff. Also my vet said to give him some milk for the constipation,but is it something that helps? I tryied and I think it did but do I give it to him every day and does it really work? Well the main subject of this message is the licking. I want to know if it's normal or he's got a cut, but I can't see him because he is in another country at my home and I am away but my father told me about the licking. I would really appriciate if you answer. Thanks just to say that if you can help me with both the licking and the constipation. Thank you.

Asked by Member 1175522 on Jun 15th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Have your dad take the dog to a vet (or bring one to the dog). The dog might need to have his anal sacs drained, could have contracted worms, and his diet might have changed in whatever country's not America. I know people that have good foods like Nutro and Royal Canin bought in bulk and shipped to foreign countries where the dogs normally eat human leftovers. Or, you can order healthy food like Ultra, Natural Choice and RC online and have them shipped through a feeding program. Sensitive stomach treats (by Nutro) are safe and better for your dog right now. A lamb and rice formula (like Natural Choice, bright green bag) is gentle and will help your pooch become regular while you're away! ^_^