Teddy

Small red bumps on dog's chin and end of muzzle?!

My 20 month old golden retriever mix has suddenly broke out with redish pink bumps about the size of the end of a pencil earaser all over the end of his chin and muzzle by his nose. One day he had a few and the next the bumps had doubled. He currently has about a dozen or more.They don't seem to bother him and they don't bleed, puss or seem flaky or scabby. They look a lot like misqueto bites or other bug bites almost. I researched and the only things I could find that it could be is skin cancer, acne or systs. But when I look at pictures of theese conditions, they look nothing like what my dog has. Is this an emergency, what do you think it is, how do i fix it??!!

Asked by Teddy on Sep 23rd 2009 Tagged bumps, cancer, allergies, acne, health, skin in Skin Problems

Best Answer

Fritz

Hi, keep his bowls really clean. If the bumps don't go away in a day or two, I would take him to the vet.

Fritz answered on Sep 24th.

Answers

If you are using plastic dishes STOP!!!...They harbor bacteria that causes these blemishes...Crockery or stainless steel is better!