Skin Disorder And More! My 11 year old dane started breaking out in crusty sores with eventual hair loss for the past 6+

Asked by Member 1122345 on Jul 24th 2012 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Your question was cut off. What you described could be mange. I would take him/her to the vet.

Jemima (Gem)

Off to the vet, it sounds like he/she has an skin disorder and needs treatment. Don't hesitate as it will no doubt get worse, it certainly won't get better on its own :(

Jemima (Gem) answered on 7/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hard to say what it is since your post cut off. If her skin is red, irritated, and she is scratching a lot you might try a topical spray. I personally love PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. It is 100% Organic, Non Toxic, and is amazing at helping with itchy spots/dry skin/bumps/etc. I use it for everything! You can spray it all over her body to help with the soreness and crusty parts. If she is having weird odors or skin markings like ring worm, she would definitely need to see the vet. Otherwise she may just be extremely sensitive and have bad allergies (environmental or food).