Chevy

Sick 7 wk old pup- dehydration, worms, weakness

I need serious, fast help guys- 7 year old puppy, has worms, belly very bloated, very dehydrated, weak, still eats, gums pale, hard time standing, hasn't used the bathroom in hours though she's been eating- I can't get my vet on phone, scared for her- tried chicken broth, water, milk replacer, wet can food- she's had to take some encouragement, but eventually comes around to it- been using dropper- wormed her about 24 hours ago- help- I want her to make it through this- should I use a heating pad if she is dehyrated? help guys-

Asked by Chevy on Nov 9th 2008 Tagged wormsroundwormspuppydehydrationweaknesshelpemergency in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Sadie

You need to find an emergency Vet asap!!

Trust me I almost lost my baby recently and if I hadn't taken her in when I did I would have lost her. She needs IV ASAP!!! Look in your phone book and look for 24 hour emergency vets. Please hurry. She has a chance if you can get her IV's started. Mine was dying from the dehydration and that is the single most important thing. Good luck and please let me know!!!

Sadie answered on 11/9/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rascal

I agree with Sadie. Get her to the vet ASAP! Let us know how she's doing.

Rascal answered on 11/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hannah, CGC, Therapy Dog

Please.........get our furfriend to the vet ASAP!

Keep up posted!

Hannah, CGC, Therapy Dog answered on 11/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

sassie

i agree your little baby needs the vet. does the puppy have fleas on it, fleas will kill a puppy, fast. worms with fleas, even worse. not sure about a heating pad, if you do use it make sure it is set very low, you wouldnt want to burn it, they get overly hot fast. i would continue to try the vet, could be something serious. good luck to you.

sassie answered on 11/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Starbutt

OK you need to be calm.

You say the dog is 7 years old?? and has a bloated stomach m.... your dog could have bloat. I think that is what it is called it is when the stomack turns and nothing can get in or out this is serious and it will kill your dog. If this has been going on for sometime then you need to NOT CALL THE VET "BUT GO TO THE VET" TIME IS IN THE ESSENSE.

I don't want to scare you but this boat is bad very bad if it was worm you may be able to see two kinds, the tape worn you see like little white spects and round worms you will see the worm in the poop. Hook worms cause coughing the other kind I don't know what it's symtoms are.

GO TO A VET QUICK FAST.

Starbutt answered on 11/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ace

7 weeks, or 7 years? You listed both. In any event, sounds like it could be a twisted gut. Everything she is eating is getting stuck and cant get out. Get her to a vet asap! Especially if its a pup. It could be something worse than that. Either way if you dont move quick, you are going to lose her.

Ace answered on 11/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer