Show all dogs that are good with kid's

I have a two year old and a 8 month old so I need a dog good with kid's

Asked by Member 1150721 on Jan 18th 2013 in Cross Breeds

Answers

No child should "ever" be left unsupervised with "any" dog, ever. With that said, It depends on how much time your willing to give the dog. They all need training, but some have more energy than others. So, I would recommend a Pug, or a Boston Terrier, esp. if your not too familiar with dogs. Either one would be a great dog for a first time dog owner. They usually have even tempers. But bear in mind that all dogs, including the ones I mentioned need training and supervision around children. Good Luck!

Mika

Great answer from Kali, absolutely no dog even the most trusted should be unsupervised with a child, things can happen.
Also something to add, as Kali said you need to train a lot with your dog, but keep in mind just as much as you need to train a dog to live with a child you need to train your child to live with a dog also. It's great to get a dog used to kids but at the same time you have to teach your child that things like jumping, tail and ear pulling, fur pulling etc...is not allowed and can and would very possibly lead to a bite and or snap from the most well behaved dogs. Please learn to watch for signals from your dog that he has had enough and separate the 2. If your dog starts to walk away or turn his head a lot from the child or licking their lips is another sure sign of stress among other things.

Mika answered on 1/19/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Angie

If you look at a shelter or rescue, they might have a few dogs with a history of being good with children. Or look into adopting a dog that is being fostered in a home with children. I agree with the others teach your children to respect the dog and the correct way to interact with your new dog.

Angie answered on 1/19/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer