fudge

Should i get a Rhosian ridgeback?

I want to get a new dog and when i took fudge to the vet to get some milk for our new doberman puppies.They said i should get a Rhosian ridgeback.We live in a mediam size house.I go for three half hour walks on a week day and two hour walks on weekends.

Asked by fudge on Jun 7th 2010 in Rhodesian Ridgeback

Answers

Megan

Why don't you just keep one of the puppies and then spend a couple of years focusing on and training the dogs you have?

Megan answered on 6/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Hector

My Hector is a ridge mixed wiht rottie. He is 120 lbs, and was 130 lbs at his largest.
He is the most loyal dog I have ever owned. He is very good with other dogs and is quite smitten with cats. He does have a protective nature, but not an attack dog. He would bite to protect me, however, he isn't easily provoked, but always on guard. He is quite playful, he loves lots of exercise. I have 5 woooded acres that he runs and plays with his little sister.My home is 3000 sq ft, and he fills the couches, the floors the beds, and whatever he lays on. He tries to play indoors with little sister, but just too large to bounce around as he would like to. So they do need lots of exercise, if allowed to get bored, they can do some serious damage in no time flat.

So take those facts into consideration when making your decision. I have no regrets. He is my best friend and my life would be sad without him in it.

Hector answered on 6/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Lexie

I would keep one of the doberman puppys.

Lexie answered on 6/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer