Should I adopt?

I lost my mini-schnauzer, Beau, just a little over 2 years ago. We were really close, he was my best buddy and I really miss him. I would love to adopt another, but now I'm divorced, live alone and I work 5 days/week. I want to adopt but I also don't want to be selfish and adopt and have to leave him alone so much. I had to do that with Beau and I always felt guilty, although we spent almost every minute together when I wasn't working. I'm not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Asked by Member 1178569 on Jul 5th 2013 in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

I would recommend that you adopt a dog from a shelter. Look into getting a well trained, adult dog that is already house and crate trained and knows some commands and is laid back and has a low to moderate energy level.

This would be a good choice of dog for you.

nala

Of course you can still adopt! I hope you already have. Many single people have pets and work full time (I did previously). If you are worried about leaving the dog alone too long, look into a reputable dog walker or doggie day care although they may be fine at home. If you are concerned about loneliness while you are gone....adopt 2 :) Best wishes!

nala answered on 9/15/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer