Jugs

Should I add to the family of puppies?

I have a jug puppy and she's very playful and friendly. She almost 8 months old and I feel bad because she loves to play with other dogs and sometimes I'm just too tired to play with her. I know she's a friendly dog but I'm not sure how she would be with another puppy being in her house around all of her things and especially around me. I'm also nervous because I want to get another small dog, but she's so used to everything being bigger than her that if i find a smaller dog I'm afraid she'll think it's a chew toy! My question is, do you think it would be a good idea to add another puppy? And also, any suggestions on what type of puppy would be good to get along with my dog?

Asked by Jugs on May 24th 2012 Tagged jug, puppy, pug, jack, russel, terrier, months, old, playmate in Other Puppies

Answers

Carter

It is very important to play with your puppy. If you dont play with your puppy often it can form a pack with the dogs and over power you. Especially your new dog being a puppy right now its very vital for her to be interacted and socialized both with dogs and people. There is no real way to tell you a certain breed that will be good with your dog.

www.dogbreedinfo.com

Can help you with that information.

Carter answered on 5/24/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Merlyn

petfinder.com would be a great place to find a pug to add to your home. why not make your second dog an adult rescue? Nothing cuter than a pack of pugs!

Merlyn answered on 5/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Murphy

If you are too tired to play with the one you have don't get another, we have two pups and believe me, it is twice the play time besides twice the walking training ect., my husband and I are both retired and home with them all day and we are exhausted some times. Remember too with two puppies they need separate obedience training so that they bond to you and not each other and if they do that they could give you a really hard time.

Murphy answered on 7/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer