Quincy - CGC

Selective aggression?

My dog is only aggressive towards certain people. He doesn't mind the vet or some random strangers at the park or at the stores. Other times he goes ballistic . He barks and growls like something is really wrong. He almost bit my aunts ex husband (not that anyone could blame him).

What is up with my dog? WHat can I do to help him?

Asked by Quincy - CGC on Jan 22nd 2009 in Aggression

Answers

Did the people do anything to provoke him? Anything that annoys him such as being touched a certain way?

Miss Buddie

Cookie is right. Is there something similar about all the people he's gotten aggressive with? Are they trying to pet him on the head, etc.

Is Quincy a rescue? Did he have an abusive history where he might be equating these particular people with his abuser? Could be a lot of things.

I've noticed that it takes longer for Buddie to warm up to a man than it does for a woman. We've had her since she was 8 weeks and she adores her Daddy, so I'm not sure why.

Miss Buddie answered on 1/22/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer