Close X

repost sorry: can one dog be allergic to another dog?

My 5 yr old doxie has had red, watery, irritated eyes since the moment we brought home our 8 week old mixed breed puppy. Our doxie is bliking a lot, squinting a lot, and has trouble keeping her eyes open. We have not changed any food, detergent, shampoo, etc. We even tried giving the pup a bath too see if that would help but it didn't. The only thing that brings her relief is being in a different room from the puupy. Could it be possible that she is allergic to the pup?

Asked by Member 1122571 on Jul 25th 2012 in Allergies

Take her to the vet. Make them look at the doxies eyes and make sure that their is nothing in them (like hair or a scratch). Eye issues can become very serious, very fast.

I have never heard of a dog being allergic to another dog.....I dont know if it's possible

Maggie answered on 7/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the previous answer, the only other thing it might be is if the pup has accidently scratched the doxie's eyes in play.

Vet time me thinks.

Harry answered on 7/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer