Scooby

raw food diet

hello, my great dane of one year is not interested in his raw food patties anymore, he just refuses to eat or eats so little. At first i started adding some salmon can and he would eat great and now hes even bored of the salmon, he would just lick it off from the patties and leave the patties. i know hes hungry because he tries to steal my cats food and anything we eat but refuses his. please help dont know what to do anymore. i tried diffrent patties , chicken , horse, duck and beef same story, he eats the raw food patties since hes born.

Asked by Scooby on Sep 22nd 2012 in Raw Food

Answers

Sounds like he's just being picky, holding out for something he considers better.
I'd leave the food there for about 15 minutes. If he doesn't eat it within that time, he simply goes hungry until the next meal time. He won't let himself starve, and in a couple of days he should figure out that refusing to eat won't have you running all over the place just to get him something he likes better. He'll have no choice but to accept what he's given.

Kimmiee

I agree, but He might also be bored with the raw food you could try buying 4 pounds of hard food for him to try. If he does not eat his food within 15 to 20 min then take it away. He will never starve himself as long as at meal time he has food. Good Luck

Kimmiee answered on 9/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer