Riley

Question about Riley on the Dandruff

Question about the Shampoos!!...I have been using a shampoo for puppys called- Oster*animal care(Oatmeal Naturals)*

-Pet shampoo
with the soothing power of 100% natural oatmeal...Then we sometimes use regualer human shampoo lol*SOMETIMES:)

But it doesnt seem to help as much...

Were going to the groomers next time we take Riley to the vet to get some shampoo for the dandruff...
Wouldn't they have some pet shampoo that would stop him from flaking to much?

Asked by Riley on Mar 4th 2011 in Products & Tools

Answers

There is! PETfection Puppy Suds! Just like the Deodorizer/Allergy Spray the shampoo is designed to help with dry skin and fur. It smells great and is really gentle. I love how quickly it cleans and how easily it rinses. I hate thick shampoo's that make you rinse and rinse and rinse (if you don't rinse it all out it causes more itchiness and dandruff). You can find it at www.myPETfection.com.

How often are you bathing him? Dogs do not need baths every week, or even every month for that matter. Too much shampooing can strip the skin & coat of the natural oils. This can lead to a dull coat & itchy flaky skin. My guys only get a bath if they have rolled in something stinky, or been skunked.

Maverick

A lot of times flakes can be caused by lacking omega 6's. Check the guaranteed analysis on your food bag for linoleic acid. It is scientifically proven to see results at 3.5%.
Also, be sure you are not bathing but once every 3 weeks at the most. Of course if he gets filthy in between you will have to rinse him off. I really like Tropical Oasis line of shampoo and conditioner.

Maverick answered on 3/4/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer