Put dog up for adoption

I wish to put my dog up for adoption. She is a full blooded dachsund. Black and grey. She is crate trained. She loves to cuddle. She gets along with our cat, bundles not do well with other dogs. She is current on her shots.

Asked by Member 1064199 on Oct 17th 2011 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Sanka- I'll Miss You

Ask a local rescue for help. You keep your dog in house while they help in finding a good home for your pup. They will list the pup for adoption.

Don't just give your dog to anyone. REALLY screen them to make sure it's a good fit. Giving up a dog is serious business.

Sanka- I'll Miss You answered on 10/17/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Emmit

If you got your dachsund from a breeder then I would try there first. Some breeders would like the dog back or may help with finding a new home. Check to see if Dachsund Rescue of N. America or Almost Home Dachshund Rescue Society can assist you. Breed specific rescue groups are a great resource. You can review their websites to see which group fits your need best. Good Luck.

Emmit answered on 10/18/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Romeo

I would say ask you friends, family,ebay. creglist and where you live it depends on the rescue or this is sad but..... even the POUND if you can not find him/her a home

Romeo answered on 10/22/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer