Snoopy, Mistur Beegul

Puppy lost a tooth and doesn't want to eat

He was playing with me and suddenly his mouth started to bleed and he swallowed his tooth. When we served him his food he started to cry loudly whenever he took a bite and then he just ignored it.

Asked by Snoopy, Mistur Beegul on Feb 1st 2013 in Puppies

Answers

Mika

His mouth is probably a little tender. Are you feeding wet or dry? If dry you could try adding warm water and let the food get soft before feeding it, so it doesn't hurt his mouth.
Also at times like this what is very soothing to the teething pup is if you take a few rags (clothes) and soak them in water and kind of like twist them up like a rope and freeze them. It feels very good on their teeth and gums. And once it thaws just do the same again.

Mika answered on 2/1/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Mr.Maxy

Agree with Mika. Since he is still teething.
they will come out in any order I lost all my teeth front and back at the end I lost my k-nines the fangs . my friends dog lost those first of all his other teeth so dont worry. oh when u see blood its normal too its just the old ones. It's totally normal... all my puppies have lost the back ones first and worked their way forward, but that is not the rule one way or the other.don't stress over it....we always lose side or back teeth first because the dogs do a lot of chewing on kongs and play tug of wa

Mr.Maxy answered on 2/2/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer