Toby

puppy loose stools

My 12 week old pup has been on Innova for puppies, however he has been having loose stools. I have heard that Innova is a very rich food and cause this. Does anyone have any suggestions on puppy food that may help his stools harden up? thanks!

Asked by Toby on Jul 25th 2012 Tagged puppy in Pet Food

Answers

When my dogs were pups, I had them on California Natural Puppy. You might want to try that. Most people's opinions differ on what they would suggest. Your best bet would be something that your dog tolerates well. Good luck with him.

Try cutting back the amount you are feeding. This is generally the problem with loose stools & quality food. Was he on this food when you got him? A sudden switch in food can cause upset. Since you've only had him a few weeks it could also be a matter of him adjusting from life with his littermates to life with you. Hang in there..experiment with the anount you are feeding. If the problem persists mention it to your vet when he goes for his next round of shots.

Precious Pearl

your pup could have become intolerant to milk or whey innova has cottage cheese

Precious Pearl answered on 8/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer