Puppy dislikes crate when alone

I live in an apartment complex and I'm trying to crate train my puppy. She is 10 weeks old. She sleeps in her crate throughout the night with no problems. I have played with her around her crate/give her treats for going in, and feed her in her crate. At max so far she has only been left in for 2 hours at a time. I always walk her/exercise her before putting her in her crate and she seems to calm down within an hour of being alone. I know this will come with time. Is there anything else I can do? She's also cutting her nose us pretty bad on the wire door.

Asked by Member 1103691 on Apr 2nd 2012 Tagged crying, cut, whine, barking in Crate Training

Answers

I found out that my pup has separation anxiety. It sounds like what is going on with you too. Treat this like anxiety and it should help you to get her to calm down in her crate. It is what we were advised to do. There is tricks to help. So give it a try. Good Luck! Lets us know how it turns out.