Pugalier has been throwing up every half hour to an hour today. White foam with clear liquid, one had stones in it.

I think he may have swallowed stones or a piece of fresh beef bone from the butcher. I have looked at his gums and felt and listened to his tummy, all normal. Normal happy behaviour except slightly more tired and hasn't been drinking water. But food intake is normal. I will be taking him to the vet tomorrow morning but if anyone thinks it is serious enough to take him tonight, I will! I don't think it's bloat. If he has swallowed stones or a piece of bone will he eventually bring it up? Regardless I will be taking him to the vet. Any help appreciated , thank you.

Asked by Member 1064565 on Oct 19th 2011 Tagged swallow, bone, rocks, stones, vomit, bile, foam, white, frequent, pugalier, water, normal, behaviour, tired in Swallowing Foreign Objects

Answers

Starbutt

It depends on HOW MANY STONES and HOW BIG THEY ARE. if there is a lot it COULD be a problem there is no reason he should be eating stones you need to take him to a vet to make sure better safe then sorry true? and if he has a stone in there that is big enough to get caught you will know, feeling his belly the stone COULD move each time so you would never feel it. I would be concerned as to why my dog would be consuming stones when you (in general sense) feed the dog enough food. They could be something missing in the diet his body can keep for instance I can't seem to keep iron in my system and I am a tad pale. Understnad.

Good luck

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 10/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Alikazam

Tahe him to the vet ASAP.

Alikazam answered on 10/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

SNEAKERS

I'd say a trip to the Vet, and a XRay was needed.
But, in the mean time, just in case that the obstruction is organic, you can put some of it's food in a Blender, with warm water, and make a Soup to feed it.
This "thin" substance will more easily pass around the obstruction, and maintain it's health while it's processing the item.

SNEAKERS answered on 10/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

stones and cooked bones are serious. I would treat this as an emergency visit and have his gut xrayed. I would also monitor this dog in not being alone outside with stones or giving cooked bones.
raw non weight bearing bones will digest and pass through the gut, unless they are sharp bones like hard pork bones.
Bloat will be excess food, water debris that can't allow the tummy to digest causing the stomach so much pressure the tube twists.or exercising your dog alot after eating a full meal. it is life threatening.
but stones can block tummy tube and twist it and cooked bones can puncture the intestines and stomach. Hard beef bones, weight bearing, leg bones are bad news they can splinter off and so can the outside of beef rib bones. I have fed raw so I am giving the info I have learned in feeding raw. my dog got deathly sick on pork steaks bones, she almost died last winter. :(