Puddle of clear fluid, a bit of spit and foul odor. What is this or has anyone else experienced this?

So my puppy woke up whining this morning (which isnt like him) so I took him out to pee, came back in and put him back in the kennel. He continued I whine so thinking he was thirsty or hungry I let him out. He just walked out and sat there and was a bit damp when i went to pet him so I took a look in the kennel. There was a decent size puddle of clear liquid with a bit of what looked like spit and smelled horrific. Does anyone know what this is or has anyone else experienced something like this?

Asked by Member 1179906 on Jul 12th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Destiny

Sometimes when a human or pet has an empty stomach, they will vomit a bit of bile. This kind of vomit is usually a clear yellowish fluid, sometimes with a bit of what looks like spit or foam in it. If your puppy seems fine otherwise and if it doesn't happen frequently, I wouldn't worry too much about it. However, if it becomes frequent or if you see any other symptoms, then have your puppy checked by the vet.

Destiny answered on 7/30/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It could be anal gland excretion... if your puppy is older. Depending on breed, their sacs will need to be expressed regularly. ^_^ Groomers can perform this for you.