PSD Training for helper dogs

I have a German Shepherd that has been trained in obediance and she is a wonderful help to me emotionally. I would like to find some one to help me train her to be a helper dog. But have had no luck. Any suggestions? I live in Naples Florida and have difficulty traveling due to disabilities.

Asked by Member 962743 on Feb 14th 2010 in Service & Therapy Dogs

Answers

I would try googling trainers for helper dogs. I really don't know anything about them.

Hector

The following is a list of people that you might be able to contact. Chances are that since they work in the animal industry, they probably know of someone who could help.

Your vet, a shelter worker, a groomer, a pet smart employee, or someone who does basic obedience training, could possibly hook you up with a professional.

Try these. I'll bet you will get a list of names.

Hector answered on 2/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer