Close X

Pomeranian short is too short?

I've just adopted an adult pom. I want to get him trimmed for sanitary purposes (at least). However, I was also thinking about getting him trimmed all-around for neatness.

I understand that shaving a pom or clipping the hair too short is a definite no-no. But how short is too short?

I found a picture of a haircut that I (scroll down for the final result). Is that too short? Will it damage his coat?

Asked by Member 1146450 on Dec 24th 2012 Tagged pomeranian, hair, cut, haircut, double, coat in Other Grooming

Well, The shortest pomeranian cut I've ever seen is from Boo the dog. His fur is supposed to resemble a teddy bear. ( Go to to see him)

I am a dog groomer and would not recommend doing an all over clip on a pom under an inch to play it safe. If you want to push it you could try a 1/2 inch but you run into the risk of damaging the undercoat at that point.