Please answer and what do you think?

I asked other's opinions on what breed am I in the Papillon forums. One said that they think that I could be pure Papillon, and I'm starting to agree with them.
They showed me a site that had pictures of typical BYB and puppy mill Papillons, and they do look quite a bit like me. Except my head seems to be a little different than their's.
Do you think that I am pure Papillon. If so, then should I go ahead and change my profile to show that or wait to get some more opinions?
P.S. Treader is 13" tall at the withers.

(I changed his profile to Papillon/Sheltie instead of Sheltie/Papillon.)

Asked by Gray Dawn Treader on Mar 18th 2008 Tagged papillon in Papillon (and Phalene)

Best Answer

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!!

Hey there Treader I think you dig is very similar to a Papillon but your dogs head is just to broad through the eyesand most of the face.You can certainly see Sheltie in here. So I think she is your original breed you thought she was and Pap/Sheltie mix.Sorry.
You gotta keep in mind who you are hearing this info from.When you come here you will get the truth that's what we are good atLOL. Just love her elike she is!!Kinda how I have to love Clay. LOL

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! answered on Mar 18th.

Answers

Lily

Sorry, Treader, you look too much like my sister's purebred Shelties not to have Sheltie blood, though I can see the Papillon, too. Mixes are marvelous!!! Our own group!!

Lily answered on 3/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Mia Bella

I think you totally look like a Papillon. I don't see any Sheltie in you at all. Paps are beautiful, as are Shelties!

Mia Bella answered on 3/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Mississippi

There are mixed breed analysis tests you can take to find out if either of those breeds are in the dog's heritage. She does look lots like a Pap, though.

Mississippi answered on 3/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

I don't think Gray is a purebred Papillon.

There's just something about the proportions of the face and ears that doesn't quite add up. They don't look pure Papillon, even badly bred.

How tall is he?

Kaya

You look Papillion to me....

Kaya answered on 3/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Winnie

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I think you look more Papillon than anything.

Just my 2 cents

Winnie answered on 3/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Summer

You definitely have very papillonian ears!!

Summer answered on 3/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Maybe not well bred but most definitely a Papillon!
I mean look at the ears!

Brody

I thought maybe corgi? One of the pictures on your page looks like corgi.

You are cute no matter what so don't sweat it too much!

Brody answered on 3/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Birdie

Hmmmm, actually, I think you look a little like me! I'm supposedly part sheltie, and maybe chihuahua.

I don't think your ears are big enough to be a purebred Papillon. You may be a Pap mix, though.

Birdie answered on 3/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sabrina 2000~2012

I definitely see part papillon in your ears, and in some pictures you look like you might have some corgi or even Jack Russell in you. But you know, breed isn't everything! Enjoy your dog for who he is and don't focus so much on what breed they might be-- your dog is unique, and that is a lot of fun!

Sabrina 2000~2012 answered on 3/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Tessa Fenris

I see Papillon, and maybe Corgi, but I don't really see Sheltie there. Those ears are very Pap!

Tessa Fenris answered on 3/19/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC

Again, I think Papillon/Corgi.

Risa W-FDM/MF RE RL1 CA CGC answered on 3/19/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Looks too much like a sheltie in the face, definately the papillon ears though