Pitbull as open sores what are they?

I have a blue nose pitbull that has a sore on it when i used rubbing alchol the sore started to bleed what is it an what is the best way to fix it

Asked by Member 1145155 on Dec 13th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

I would have a vet look at it. It may be some kind of infection that needs a specific antibiotic. Good Luck!

Where is the sore at? It might be a hot spot, which would require treatment. It is probably quite painful, so I wouldn't put any more rubbing alcohol on it. Instead try using a spray specifically designed for hot spots. I personally love PETfection Hot Spots/Wound Spray. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic and will heal up the area quickly. You can use it as often as needed and it won't sting. When I used it on my dog it started scabbing over within 1-2 days. Healed up very nicely! Hope this helps, good luck!