Kuma

Older dog licking younger dog's penis.

They both usually did it when one or the other finished peeing. But now I noticed that the older one does it more frequently and intensely. It kind of freaks me out a little. Is this a phase or is there something physically wrong with either one?

Asked by Kuma on Jun 12th 2008 in Socialization

Answers

Layla

I dont know for sure but I would guess the older dog is grooming the younger one and it's nothing to worry about. Our two dogs do it from time to time. Don't worry unless it becomes excessive behavior.

Layla answered on 6/12/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Yes, i would say that they are grooming each other. I have a puppy and an adult dog and they lick eachother's privates as well. My puppy will also lick my other dog's face and lick off his eye boogers too. They are not excessive with the licking but it does usually occur when they are lounging around.