New rescue dog suddenly acting aggressive towards our other dog.

We adopted a female corgi from rescue two months ago and she got along fine with our male corgi up until yesterday! She has suddenly started to show her teeth and growl and snarl and attack him. She was not spayed yet when we rescued her and she went into heat several days later so we have had to wait until she ends her cycle. Is it possible this behavior has something to do with the heat cycle? She stopped bleeding about six days ago. I don't know what to do - I cannot have her keep attacking the other dog. Help!

Asked by Member 1106170 on Apr 16th 2012 in Aggression

Answers

Seth

Very much so, she does not want that male dog near her. I have heard stories of male dogs being hurt by females in heat or around that time. It should be better in a few days, but I think in would think about getting her fixed.

Seth answered on 4/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer