Jasper

Nervous about finding a doggy daycare..

I have never brought Jasper to doggy daycare, but recently moved into a new living arrangement where no one is home during the day for him. I really think it would be the right thing to do, but not sure how to find a reputable daycare. What should I ask the daycare, look into about them? Any suggestions or advice?

Asked by Jasper on Nov 7th 2012 Tagged doggydaycare, daycare, babysitter in Canada

Answers

Chase

Going to a local pet store is a good idea. Ask them if they know of any day cares they'd send their dog to.
Some questions to ask are 'What kind of training do you have?', 'How many dogs do you normally have at once? How many people work there?' 'What kind of exercise do they get? Are they just running around at the day care, or are they taken for walks as well?' 'Are the dogs left loose to socialize all day, are there quiet places where an overwhelmed dog can go to chill out?' You could also ask if you can contact any of their regular clients for references. Google often has reviews, and many have facebook pages now.
Personally I would not feel comfortable leaving my dog at a facility that didn't require a meet and greet before hand to gauge the temperament of the dog in question.

Chase answered on 11/8/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Petri

You might see if there is a Camp Bow Wow in your area... they are a franchised company and have many facilities throughout the country. They provide day care and boarding; usually you can take your dog in for free the first day and see how they like it.

Petri answered on 11/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer