Need help with my shih tzu who is being very aggressive to my new pup

Hi there. I have just very recently bought a husky cross malamute pup he is 7 weeks old and getting along very well with his training g but the problem is my shih tzu who is 2 years olds and he has been spoiled and he is very aggressive to any one and to my new pup he is ok when the pup is asleep but when he is awake he growls at him and goes for him he is also started shaking and foaming at the mouth and dribbling which he has never done before they are both males and I really want them to get on with each other. I am desperate for helpĀ 

Connor Grindle.
Chester

Asked by Member 1143749 on Dec 5th 2012 Tagged aggression in Behavior & Training

Answers

Have you tried consulting a behaviorist? How much exercise does your Shih Tzu get? A tired dog is a well behaved dog. You are right in trying to fix this now. As an adult, the Malamute/Husky mix probably will not tolerate any aggression from your other dog. That may be a real problem. Good Luck!