My unsuspecting big dog wants to eat my new little puppy. HELP!!

My 9 month old Boxer Beagle pup that I felt sure would be last of my three big dogs to be aggressive wants to viciously attack my new 3lb Chihuahua Pekingese puppy. My other 3 yr old Mtn Cur is also much too curious. How do I obtain and retain peace, harmony and goodwill in the household? Adopting out is a very very last resort because these dogs are family to me. Please help!

Asked by Member 1146920 on Dec 27th 2012 Tagged puppy, aggression, introduction in Behavior & Training

Answers

If you feel that your little pup is in danger, then I would find him/her a new home. It only takes one shake to kill a little dog. On the other hand, are you sure it's aggression and not just your dog setting boundaries for the new pup? Jax used to growl/mumble at Koby when we first got him. She was the disciplinarian in our house. She never hurt him but she let him know what was "doggie acceptable behavior" and what was not. You do have to be very careful with dogs that have a big size difference. Good Luck!