Tinks

my Toy Fox Terrier is acting standoffish all of a sudden..what's up??

my (almost 6 year old) toy fox terrier has been acting weird the past few days. she is normally, for lack of better words, up my butt 24/7..but since 2 days ago, she's been going upstairs and laying by herself. she has NEVER EVER done this. it started the other night when i was watching a scary movie and she was sitting on my lap. i jumped at a scary part, and i think i scared her because she started shaking and acting nervous. she has done this before, but this time it lasted a lot longer. and she was acting really weird the rest of the night. since then, she has been going and sitting by herself someplace else in the house. like i said, she is almost 6 and has been with me since she was 6 weeks..and has NEVER done this before. she's eating and drinking normally, going to the bathroom normally..just this whole being by herself thing is bothering me. i feel like a part of me is missing because my best little girlfriend is almost ignoring me. any ideas?

Asked by Tinks on May 12th 2010 Tagged behavior in Fears & Phobias

Answers

Your dog is sick you should take her right now to the vet.
That is all symptoms of being sick that you described. If my dog acted like that she would be out the door in a heart beat. It could be anything so get to the vets I hope she will be ok