my son is going to be staying with me for a while, I have a 8 yr old male german shepherd, and he has a 2 yr old male pi

Asked by Member 1107270 on Apr 23rd 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Tiara

Your question was cut off do you may want to try again since we are not sure what you want to know from the info here

Tiara answered on 4/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maggie Mae

Well, I think I may know what your asking so I'll take a shot. To properly introduce dogs whether they be male or female, you need to take the time off of their territory and do the introductions. A mutual walk is a good place to start. If both you and your son have control over your animals, you will be able to address any concerns while out on a walk and discern whether they need more get to know each other time before they are full time brothers or brother/sister. Before you take them for their mutual walk both dogs should be utterly exhausted. A tired mind and body won't put up much of a fight and will make your transition easier and eventually they will tire each other out and be best buddies in their new home together. Keep any negative thoughts or fears at bay, manifest only what you want the outcome to actually be, not what MIGHT happen.

Maggie Mae answered on 4/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer