Dexter

My puppy won't eat

I have an 8 month old puppy, I feed him bill jack and yesterday he dint eat his food, we thought he had been fed at the day care. but then today he dint want to eat his food. we tried changing the food bowl, the enviroment and gave him the food he used to eat (royal Canin) what should I do??

Asked by Dexter on Jan 2nd 2013 in Food & Nutrition

Best Answer

Atlas

I had the same problem with my puppy. We tried everything mixing in soft food, changing food etc. I asked the vet and did a lot of research but it seems that it happens to a lot of puppies. At first I really stressed about it but the vet told me that dogs in the wild do not have regular meals, she said it is ok if they miss meals and don't have big appetites, eventually they get hungry enough to eat. One thing that worked for us is that we fed him with my parents dogs when we went home for the holidays, for some reason this helped (maybe its a competitive thing)Anyway he is 16 weeks and is finally for the first time eating his full serving size. Just be patient eventually he will come around.

Atlas answered on Jan 3rd.

Answers

I would have a vet check him out. There may be something wrong. Also, in addition, you might try another dog food. Good Luck!

Phineas

I would have the vet look at him. He could have been exposed to something at daycare. Waiting might add to problem.

Phineas answered on 1/3/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer