Miagi

My puppy was given an extra parvo injection which I believe has caused his Pancytopenia. Has this happened 2 anyone else

He received the extra injection as the vet believed that the papers we were given showing Miagi had been immunized as a puppy could not be his papers and that he was much younger than what the papers said 11 weeks as opposed to 18 weeks. The vet said we should start immunizing from scratch. I wish I knew more about the effects of immunization then but I was putting my trust in my trained vet. How silly I feel now :-(

Asked by Miagi on Jan 17th 2012 in Vaccinations

Answers

Rambo

I haven't, but what the vet did is very questionable. If he was unsure he should have done blood tests to verify if the puppy had been previously vaccinated. The immunizations would show up in the blood work.

Rambo answered on 2/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer