Mocha

My puppy sometimes cries with a treat in her mouth why does she do this?

When i give my puppy this certain kind of treat, she holds it in her mouth and doesn't eat it. She goes over to her blanket and digs in it, then she comes over to me with it still in her mouth and cries. She does this over and over again. Then she finally eats it. Why does she do this?

Asked by Mocha on Oct 17th 2010 in Puppies

Answers

❤  Sadie ❤

My pup does the same thing with bones she whines and paces around and tries to dig it into her bed then finally she will sit down eventualy and eat it.

I think Sadie feels vulnerable to her sister because oakley will eat hers right away and then try and steal hers so she whines and wants to go somewhere away from her so she can eat in peace

maybe something is bothering her or she is trying to tell you she doesnt like the selection of her treats (hey its possible :p )

❤ Sadie ❤ answered on 10/17/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Toby

My Chihuahua does this all of the time!! I give him a bone, he digs in the couch, puts it under blankets, whines, then lays down and eats it while still whining!!! Same routine every day!! I think theyjust think its fun because when my dog plays with another dog, he whines because hes having so much fun!!

Toby answered on 10/18/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Woofie  1988 - 2001

Sometimes your just not hungry, or you want to save a special treat for later - ya know how it is?

But where to put it? Where, where?

Woofie 1988 - 2001 answered on 10/18/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer