My puppy pomchi is 4 months old and is starting to eat her poop. Should I ca ll her vet?

Asked by Member 1092808 on Feb 16th 2012 in House Soiling

Answers

no need for vet..yet! I would first look at her diet. If you are feeding a high quality, well balanced food then try adding some pineapple to her meal. Not much..for her, maybe a quarter of a ring per meal. Pineapple makes poop unappetizing.
If your food is not well balanced she may be missing some nutrients that she is trying to get by eating her excrement. In that case try upgrading her food.
There is a great thread in the main forums "So You Are Confused by Dog Food" in Foods & Nutrition. Check it out for some great information. Good luck.

Tiara

You can also get pills from someplace like petsmart that you give the dog to keep them from eating their poop.

Tiara answered on 2/17/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer