Daisy Mae

My puppy loves to scratch and dig at the corner of my couch, she will do this for over 10 minutes sometimes. Why?

Asked by Daisy Mae on Oct 27th 2008 in Digging

Answers

Have you pulled the cushions of the couch to make sure there's not a speck of a crumb down there. Try giving the couch a good vacuum job and sprinkle alittle pepper down there just until she gets out of the habit before you end up with a couch full of holes. Just an idea.

Nibbles

My daddy tends to drop peanuts.Seriously, have your folks vacum the cushions then spray with bitter apple. I hate that stuff. Whenever they catch you pawing at the sofa they should say a loud -"ah-ah" and putting you down should help you understand that behavior is not allowed. Finally, I am never alone in a room. That way the folks can keep an eye on me and nip any "doggie-brained" ideas in the bud.

Nibbles answered on 10/27/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

~Sophie~

Sophie does this all the time. I had to put a blanket on the couch. She does it on the bed too. I think they are just nesting and making it comfy for themselves.

~Sophie~ answered on 10/27/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer