Lincoln

My puppy has scabs and bumps that look like bug bites. I have done advantix and I don't see fleas.

He is very itchy and it seems to be getting worse. Could it be his food or an allergy of some kind. I have given him a bath but this has never happened before. I thought it was fleas, but he has Ben on advantix for 4 months. I hope someone can help.

Asked by Lincoln on Aug 27th 2013 in Health & Safety

Answers

It could be ticks or perhaps an allergy. Avoid heavily fragranced laundry detergents, scented dryer beads, floor cleaner, air sprays etc. b/c your dog might be allergic to these (and spends more time on the floor than you do). :) When you go in for your next set of puppy shots, show the vet because it could be a fungus or something that needs to be treated with medicine. ^_^