Guest

my puppy ate d-con rat poison what should i do or give him?


Asked by Member 509194 on Oct 1st 2007 in Other Health & Wellness
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • This question is closed.

Best Answer

Byron

Kobi, you probably mean hydrogen peroxide. It is often used to make dogs vomit.

By the way, rat poison is a chemical called warfarin. It makes the blood very thin so that it can't clot. An animal usually dies from rat poison because it bleeds to death internally. So even if your dog is not showing external signs, it could still be bleeding to death inside. The treatment for warfarin poisoning can include vomiting, but often includes administration of a medicine that makes the blood thicker so that the internal bleeding stops. Only a vet can administer this lifesaving medication. So if you ever suspect that your dog ate rat poison, you should bring it to the vet IMMEDIATELY! Also please remember that this is a public forum. We are not vets. If you need emergency health advice, you should either call your vet or your local emergency after hours vet. Don't waste precious time online!


Byron answered on Oct 6th.

Other Answers


Answers

Xena

Bring your dog to the vet immediately! It depends on how much he ate and how much your dog weighs, but the vet may want to pump his stomach. Please, please bring your dog to the vet!!


Xena answered on 10/1/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Ginger Smiles Primm

Call the 800# cause you might not b able to give water or something. Take him to the vet NOW!


Ginger Smiles Primm answered on 10/1/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer


Ali.

Take you doggy to the vet. NOW!


Ali. answered on 10/1/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Dixie

Yes, go to the vet IMMEDIATELY! Even if your pup is not showing signs of illness he is still at risk of death. Rat poison is a slow killer. If you don't treat him immediately your chances of losing him are high. Sorry to be so grim but unfortunately this is true! Good luck.


Dixie answered on 10/1/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Ryan

GO TO THE VET NOW PLEASE HURRY PLEASE HE NEEDS TO GO!!!!!


Ryan answered on 10/1/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Ruby

Rush your dog to the vet immediately! Take as much evidence as possible to your vet, it's vomit - if it did vomit - and the rat poisoning. The vet will probably make your dog throw up, but as your puppy is only small, it may be a lot for him. Hope all goes well.


Ruby answered on 10/2/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


Kobi

one time kobi ate rat-poison ,
and a friend of my bro which volunteers(red)
in a vets office told us to give him oxiginated water ,I think thats how its said in english?
but just 1/2 a teaspoon and more water to make him vomit.it worked .
but take him to the vet better safe than sorry.


Kobi answered on 10/2/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


More Questions in This Category