My puppy 16yrs ago,

My puppy 16yrs ago, Flash was taken to the vet and the vet told him he had brain problems. He said we need to put it to sleep because the vet said that puppy wont last half a yr. Ha! Flash is now 16yrs and still kickin. Yes, he has hearing problems, and is off balance from the seizures when he was a puppy. but that makes who he is! My Question: We've been feeding our dogs Ole Roy Complete Nutrition for all these yrs. There older and I was wondering do u think we should change food for better ingredients, or keep with the food we've been feeding them for all these yrs? They are still alive but just askin to be on the safe side.

Asked by Member 1140864 on Nov 15th 2012 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

First of all, I am so happy for Flash, he is a real hero! Secondly, there is no harm in looking for a change. Although, I would suggest that you keep him on the same food.

Star

Well old roy is one of the worst foods you can feed. It is full of by-products and fillers and low quality ingredients. But at the age of 16, a change may be kind of hard to do. What I would do is maybe start giving him a bit of canned food in with the hard food. Congrats on getting to be 16. And hope for many more years to come.

Star answered on 11/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Mika

wow great story!! I'm so happy for you and your dog! I would say if he's been on the same food and doing as good as he is not to change it, adding the wet food now and then may be a good idea like the other poster said......good for you guys and good luck!

Mika answered on 11/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ol' Roy is an awful food to feed, one of the worst. Ol' Roy contains some of the worst ingredients that can ever be put in to dog food. Ol' Roy contains corn, soy, mystery meat (mystery mean is un-named meat), by-products, vitamin K, menadione, artificial flavorings and colors, and many more awful ingredients.

Please feed him a better food. Feeding him a better food will make him healthier, you'll see a difference in his health if you feed a better dog food.

Look into feeding Merrick. Merrick is a great food to feed a dog. Merrick has grain free dog food which is a plus for any dog. Dogs don't need grains in their diet. Merrick is one of the best foods that you can feed to a dog. There's many different formulas to choose from which makes it easy to choose the perfect one to feed to your dog.

Learn more about Merrick at www.merrickpetcare.com