Poppy

My pomeranian hurt his leg!

I have a pomeranian who is going to be a year march 21 2010 and he is a male his name is Poppy and the other day he was going up my basement stairs and all of a sudden he started screaming and yelping in pain and he ran down the stairs and I ran to him and he was limping and whining well then a few hours later he seemed fine he tried going up the stairs again and he got two steps up and started screaming really really loud! and was in a lot of pain. Well now it is the next day and he is limping he will walk normal a little but he is mostly putting all his weight on his left back leg because he hurt his right back one.
If it happens again my mom said he can go to the vet but what do I do for now? He isn't acting normal just wanting to lay there well he wants to play with my other pom but he really can't he tries to get up but just falls back down again.
What do I do!

Asked by Poppy on Feb 3rd 2010 in Emergencies & First Aid

Best Answer

My goodness Poppy is a cutie.
Tell Mom your really worried about Poppy and you think he should see a vet ASAP. Maybe it's a pulled muscle, maybe it's something serious, but the only way to find out for sure is take Poppy to a vet.
If your Mom decides it's best to wait and see what happens, allow Poppy to rest. If he pulled a muscle, then rest is what is needed. The less activity the better for him at this point.
All my best.

♥ DEOGIE ♥ answered on Feb 3rd.

Answers

Layce

I would take your pom to the vet right away. There's a possibility it could be a luxating patella. If he's in pain, why not take him?

Layce answered on 2/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer