My mom doesn't buy things for our dog. (not sure?)

Well we never got a collar tag for our dog until a few months ago ( my dog is almost 3). Everyone else also said that the furminator is a rip off while they complain that there is hair everywhere.

I see every other family has so many new toys for the dog, they have chews for them, they wear their collars, and they're well trained.

We only have a tennis ball, a kong, a ring,

My mom says that we have plenty of toys the only one my dog is interested in is the tennis ball, and so all I get to do with him while outside is throw the ball. He eventually gets bored of it. The only time she buys toys for the dog is when I tell her to, which is like once a year. She keeps saying that we can make toys out of old rags but our dog tears that up in like 10 mons.

My dog has nothing to do. He gets bored of his tennis ball and my mom barely buys food so I cant fill his kong good a lot. Also, she never buys chews

Asked by Member 1119130 on Aug 12th 2012 Tagged mom, buy, shop, shopping, store, pet, food, toys, treats, kong, ball, dog, fun, bored, puppy, cute, play, exercise in Pet Products

Answers

Sonny

Dogs, like kids, don't need a lot of toys. The thing he will like best is for you to take him outside for a walk.

Sonny answered on 8/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

If I were you, I would be filling his kong with some of that meat your mother gives him. You can squash it in really tightly, then freeze it to last longer.
My dogs DO have lots of home made toys and they prefer them to store bought toys most of the time! Their favorite toys are old soda and water bottles, pieces of tree limbs, and old, holey socks I tie together for them. They also LOVE small, empty cardboard boxes that they can shred and tear up.
None of these toys cost me ANY money and they will entertain my dogs for hours and hours.
However, MOST dogs do not want to play with any toys, handmade or other, unless YOU spend time playing with them and the toys. In spite of all their "toys", each one of them would much rather spend some time playing with me or even going on a long walk with me.

Sarge

Some dogs don't play with toys at all. My mini Aussie I had would occasionally play with one but would much rather spend time with us. You could take your dog on hikes or bike riding or teach him tricks to stimulate him. Don't know how old you are but if your a teenager your old enough to earn some money so if you feel your dog needs more toys or treats then earn the money for it. I started babysitting when I was 11 or 12 and got my first real job at 15. Maybe your mom will let you earn money by working around the house. If your dog isn't trained then train it. You can pull up tips online if you need help and I'm sure there are YouTube videos as well that could help.

Sarge answered on 8/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Tiara

Maybe you can do odd jobs for people and make a some money that you can spend on dog toys and food to put in the kongs.

Tiara answered on 8/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kodi

Dogs dont need toys, they need excerise and love. Take him for a long walk every day and when you get home play ball with him. He'll be so tired until the next day when you'll do it all over again :)

Kodi answered on 1/23/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer