My mini weenie will only poop in the house.

I can leave her out for hours while I work in the yard and such or frequent let-outs, but all the same, she will sneak and poop, then go hide under my bed as if she knows!

Is there a doggy psychological reason and fix? Thanks!!

Asked by Member 1135116 on Oct 10th 2012 Tagged dachsundpoophouse in Dogs and a Clean Home

Answers

Will she poop in crate? I would crate train her. If she won't go outside, put her in the crate. Take her out again, if she doesn't go, put her back in the crate. She has to earn her freedom only after she poops outside.

Kali is right. Crate train her.

Along with crate training, she should be tethered to you anytime she is out of her crate. That way she has no way to sneak off & poop. You will also get to know her signs of when she is about to poop.
No deep psychological issue...just takes time. Some dogs get it right away & others take longer.
Remember not to punish her when she does it..it is YOUR fault for not being on it.
She hides, not from guilt. but from sensing your anger. She knows you are mad...but not why, & hides to avoid your anger.