My GSD puppy dont want to eat anything..

I have a 4 month old male GSD puppy. I feel very pain when time comes to give him food. Because he don't like any dry food (pedigree, Drool I tried). He likes only cereal (Baby food). Here cereal is very costly, so It is actually not possible for me to give him everyday. I want to try Royal canine, But fear if he don't like that money will be waste. So i want to know from any experienced owner, that how to feel the puppy test dry food and eager to eat or what Dry food will be tasty for my puppy (Available in Indian Market) ??? Please suggest me any Idea in this situation...

Again I would like to know from you that my puppy weight 24 Lbs (~12 Kg) and 15 Inch height, Is he growing normal ?

Asked by Member 1091592 on Mar 2nd 2012 Tagged dryfood, pedigree, gsd, puppy, royalcanine in Pet Food

Answers

That is very underweight. My guy was 48 lbs at 4 months. Do NOT feed him baby cereal. It lacks the nutrients he needs to grow healthy & strong. Tough love time! Put his pedigree down & give him 15 minutes to eat. Then pick up the bowl & no food/treats until next meal time. Do not give in. He will learn he needs to eat what & when you provide food. Pedigree is not a great food, but is a million times better than cereal. Not sure what you can get in India, but try & research dog nutrition.

Ikan

I had a puppy at that age, that would not eat, and I was forced to hand feed him for awhile. It was just for a short time, and I was able to slowly move him back to eating his food from a bowl.

Ikan answered on 3/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer