My great dane & golden have recently become aggressive towards each other. It is usually when I am around. WHY???

They have lived together for over 2 yrs and I have never had this problem. I wish to find out why and correct before I have to get rid of one. I really don't want to, but if I have to I will.

Asked by Member 1141096 on Nov 17th 2012 in Aggression

Answers

You should consult a behaviorist. We can't diagnose aggression over the internet without very specific information.
Who starts it? Is there food involved? Toys? What are you doing when it happens? What are they doing when it happens? How much exercise do they get? A tired dog is a well behaved dog. Good Luck!

Lucy

they are probably jealous of each other and may think the other is getting all the attention. I suggest play with one dog at a time and put another in a room for 5 minutes, then swap.

Lucy answered on 11/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hi, Your dogs just may be a bit attention starved. Make sure you give them both lots of attention, and equally. I wouldn't say you have to seperate them when petting them, but if necissary, then okay.I also used to have this problem with both my dogs, and what I did worked. So I hope I helped and goodluck! :D