Rocky

My female humps my male dog but he doesn't hump back

I think the females in heat but i don't know, Also is this normal?

Asked by Rocky on Aug 30th 2008 Tagged mating in Other Puppies

Answers

Mandy

Sometimes females do this to show dominance. My spayed female dog humps my neutered male cat only to show him who's boss. LOL. If your female isn't spayed, and you aren't planning on breeding, it's a good idea to get her fixed after her heat cycle. The heat cycle normally lasts anywhere between 2-4 weeks and happens appx. every 6 months.
Maia, CVT

Mandy answered on 8/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Keaira

my dogs do that all the time. and if your dog was in heat, you'd know it (trust me, its messy).

they'll do it to show dominance. its just one of those weird dog things.

Keaira answered on 8/31/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Dominance cominance! That outdated theory was proven wrong a long time ago! Though most people believe it.
Dogs hump in play sometimes.

I HAVENT EVER HERD OF THIS UNTIL NOW
BUT WHO CAN ACTUALLY SAY THEY KNOW WHAT NORMAL IS?

My labs do this all the time! we had the girl first and then introduced the male when they were both around 1 but the male was always much bigger and he used to boss her around but then she started fighting him back and now all of a sudden, he's HER bitch! She wont let him eat, keeps him from coming to me and humps him (while growling and biting his neck) about a thousand times a day!! Its disgusting! I need the Dog Whisperer or something...are there such a thing as dog psychologists? Cuz I got a couple of messed up animals living with me! lol