my female dog still gets period after getting spayed. is that bad?

i got my precious golden retriever from a friend which was always busy with work she never had time for the dog. we took her in with all the necessities included. she also has a huge growth on her back paw. please help!

Asked by Member 744672 on Sep 30th 2008 Tagged period, female, dog, blood, help in Golden Retriever

Answers

Dexter

Yes, take her to the vet first and foremost. It is not generally considered normal for a dog to go do this after she has been spayed.

Dexter answered on 9/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

A dog should NEVER go into heat after she has been spayed. It is possible that your friend was not very truthful with you, and that she never was spayed. It is also possible that something else is going on with her. Please have your vet look at her immediately.

Isabella

My dog was spayed 4 yrs. ago and every 5 to 6 months she bleeds. The vet said that if a microscopic piece of her uterus was left that this could happen. Its very frustrating and I totally know how you feel. I would still ask your vet just to make sure.If he says anything different please let me know. Good luck!

Isabella answered on 10/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer