My dogs won't let me sleep! Please help!!

I have a five year old Pomeranian and a two year old Chihuahua. I put them out in the living room every night before I go to bed and I end up going out there at least 3-4 times each night to either make them stop barking or move them away from the door - they will stand there and scratch at my bedroom door for hours! I've tried moving their beds into my room but the Chi will stand next to the bed and cry all night long. My husband made the mistake of letting her cuddle in our bed from an early age.

My question is - WHAT can I do to ensure I have a good nights sleep?? Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Asked by Member 900069 on Oct 12th 2009 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Completely 100% ignore the behavior for several nights, and crate them to keep them confined. You'll loose a lot of sleep before you'll gain any, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 10/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Fritz

If they have been sleeping with you from an early age, why change now. Letting them back into the bed will take care of the problem. Otherwise you will have to crate and force them to get used to the situation.

Fritz answered on 10/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer