Rocky

my dogs limping

Yesterday he started limping on his left paw in front. I lookee and don't see anything. But he licks it ans has been chewing on it for awhile now before it started. Could it just hurt from the chewing or what? I started sprayiing it with some antibacterial I got from my vet before. but its not all the time he does it one minute hes find the the next limping please anyone have any Ideas hes only 6 and not a big dog

Asked by Rocky on Jan 7th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

It might have something stuck in it that is tiny or he hurt his paw somehow. Have the vet check him.

Poor rocky.
well if the vet isn't really finding anything you can get another opinion. usually yeast will make them lick and chew. but if he is limping about and there is no big sores. then he might be having a nail issue instead. not sure.
vets do have a big eye wear set that is super magnified you can insist they go over the foot and shave the hair if needed to find out if there is a splinter in it. I would flush with warm water and you can do a soak of warm water and epsom salts. but do not let him drink any of the water as it could make him very ill. have him stand and soak for 10 min. increments. have a collar on him to hold on to. I would ease off the antibacterial stuff, he could be licking more to eat it. and if he has a sensitivity to soaps he could be having a reaction to it.