my dogs is throwing up yellowing stuff doesnt have food in it and hes just seating there and wont move whats wrong

he shakes and throw up yellow stuff with no food lately clear white somtime just started yesterday and when i take him outside and yell his name he wont come so i go outside he just sits there and looks down

Asked by Member 969773 on Mar 2nd 2010 Tagged yellowthrowupshakes in The Dogster Website

Answers

Rufio

Obviously there is something VERY wrong with him, take him to the Vet ASAP! this sounds very serious.

Rufio answered on 3/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

C.J. (C-ATCH,TDI,CGC,RE,ChSN)

Vet...vet...vet...vet...vet

C.J. (C-ATCH,TDI,CGC,RE,ChSN) answered on 3/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

The yellow stuff is bile, (mustard color) his stomach is completely empty. I personally would take my dog to the vet. Dogs throw up for whatever reason but your dog seems to be lethragic as well and this is what has me concerned.
When it's a case of an upset tummy, Deogie is fasted for 12-24 hours to allow his stomach to settle. Then he's on a diet of extra lean boiled hambuger and rice or at times I use chicken. He always feels better in no time.
Hopefully, your boy is feeling better soon.

Winston

Take him to the vet, he should be checked. He will probably need some meds.There is a problem with the stomach when it is yellow. The white is bile he is throwing up. Could be he is hungry.

Winston answered on 3/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

needs vet could of ate something or worse.
I would not wait and ask.
take him to vet pronto for help

Lexie

Could be a sore throat or worse but that needs to be the vets call, I would take him to see a vet!

Lexie answered on 3/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Rocky

The best advise that I can say is like everyone else. Take the pup to the vet. In my experiance, when a dog is lethargic and will not move, it is a sign of pain. Is your dog destructive? Does he/she get into things that they should not have? If so.. they might have eaten something that has given them a bowel obstruction. An animal will not eat if they can not deficate. This is not something that can not be remedied at home. A vet must perform an xray or ultrasound to see whats going on. If it is an older animal and no destructive behavior, it could be something else like cancer, kidney stones, enlarged prostate. Bottom line is... if the animal can not urinate or deficate, they will not eat. Thus causing upset stomach from the acids. If they try to eat, it will come back up, because there is no place for the food to go. Good luck and keep us posted...

Rocky answered on 3/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer