My dog won't eat or drink water

He is throwing up ,won't eat ,won'tdrink water it been going on 2days today is the second day

Asked by Member 1106382 on Apr 17th 2012 in Illness & Disease

Answers

I'm not a vet, but just dealt with a fatal illness with similar symptoms. My girl, Saturn, suffered a very severe outbreak of pancreatitis that she just couldn't get through. She was only 3 1/2.

TAKE YOUR DOG TO THE ER VET IMMEDIATELY!
Try to think if there is any possibility that he got into anything he shouldn't have.
The vet will probably want to do a blood test to make sure kidney and liver levels are normal.

GOOD LUCK! I hope very much his situation is not serious.

Shasta

Not eating or drinking can be very very serious. My labrador has gotten salmonella poisoning a couple times [she had dug up a very large fish-carcass and pigged out on it...], she wouldn't eat or drink anything. Luckily, our feed store was open and they had some pills to give to her (we couldn't take her to the vet because we live in a small town.... and all the local vets were closed for the weekend)

Hope everything is okay with him. :)

Shasta answered on 4/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer