My dog was attacked by a pit bull. I don't have money for the vet. What should I do?

While I was walking my dog a pit bull came out of the house and attacked her, now she just hides under the bed and barely walks around. She's a small dog, she only weighs about 15 lbs. The owner of the pit bull doesn't have a collar on the dog and never has it on a leash.

I'm currently unemployed so I don't have money to take her to the vet. People told me that I should give her up but I just can't do that. Is there a way where I can make payments or get donations or anything?

Asked by Member 1106842 on Apr 20th 2012 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Sandy (aka Thumper)

Call around...some vets will take payments...others offer assistance for low income people..

call the local shelter and see if they know which vets may be able to help....

Sandy (aka Thumper) answered on 4/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

sookie

Make the owner of the pit bull pay for it and call aminal control and have the pit pull put down.

sookie answered on 4/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You should call police tell them you want a police report in attack, right away dont wait. beg borrow or steal get your dog to vet. then file a motion in small claims court against who ever is the addresse where dog came running out ask police for their information. do this for your dogs sake and for the next poor dog or child who will be that dogs next victim.If you can get a vet to run a bill, ive seen on craigslist people asking for help with vet bill where they give their vet info and ask for donations to go to the vet.